Monday, April 26, 2010

My Sweet Heart Cake

know, I know, its almost May so I need to get over these valentine themed cakes. I really wanted to give it a try though and I need the practice.
Since we are in Las Vegas right now we just happened to come on the weekend that my family does Extended F.H.E. On my way down I txt my Mom, since I don't have any minutes until tomorrow :), and asked if someone was already doing dessert. She called my lovely Aunt Brenda to check if she had asked anyone and well I volunteered me for the job. I was originally going to try and do the Las Vegas temple stenciled onto the cake, but I didn't have all the tools that I needed to do so. Instead since we are family and we all love each other (most of the time) I decided hearts it was.

Next time I will need to figure out a better way to do this. It looked great and no one wanted to cut into it because they didn't want to ruin it, but I yelled at them and told them that the "Master Piece" had all ready been photographed so dig in!!! However when people would cut into it the heart they were cutting into would like to follow with the piece of cake even if they tried to cut it in half. But this would be because it was pieced together and not a whole sheet of fondant like usual. I will have to put my mind to try and figure it out.

2 comments:

Whitney & McKayla said...

Your cakes are super cute! Keep up the practice, I'm sure you'll get the hang of it. I can't tell if you're using regular fondant or not, but have you ever tried using marshmallow fondant? You make it yourself, and I think it tastes a lot better lol.

Monty and Kristin said...

super cute! can't wait to try one of your cakes. yeah, but i don't want to cut it. too cute to cut.