Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter

I was trying to think of something that we could do for Easter that can help bring in the remembrance of why he have it. Of course I couldn't think of anything until after Easter had passed. I'm not even sure if I like this idea and I am going to do it, but it was a thought. In some of the Easter Eggs instead of candy we will put things that deal with the death and resurrection of Christ. After we are done with the hunt we will open the eggs and then we can tell the story using the pieces that were in the eggs. I was thinking a piece of bread, a sacrament cup, some sort of thorn or crown, a cross, a stone, and then something that represents Christ being risen, and maybe a strip of paper that says how we can repent and live with God again.
I don't know. It was just an idea. But like I said it didn't happen this year. This Easter weekend was really nice though. Trevor and his wife Kate came up from Las Vegas and Amy and her husband Alex came down from Salt Lake, Erik was already here and unfortunately Paul was unable to attend. I think I'll give him a pass this year and next though since he is in Mexico serving a mission.

(Erik kneed Julie in the head, hence her face, Erik's face, and James finger)
The weekend started off Friday night with everyone showing up and all of us staying up pretty
late. Saturday morning was doughnuts and a family friend Justin and his wife Susan and baby Cooper coming down. The guys all went paint balling while us girls and kids stayed home and watched conference then headed to Wally World. I needed a few more things for Sunday breakfast and I hadn't gotten anything for Easter yet. Of course any paint balling trip would be incomplete with out a bbq after wards. The guys made it home just in time to start the grilling eat and shower and head off to the priesthood session. Which I am so grateful that my husband went. This is the first time since we have known each other that he has gone. Not to mention that he went willingly with out me asking. I do love my husband!
Easter morning was Oatmeal Bake with cream and peaches. Oh...how delicious. Easter dinner was more of Easter Lunch since Trevor and Kate had to leave after the second session.

This was the first Easter that I have ever had without an older generation being there. It was a little different but it was nice.
After the second session we didn't really hide eggs, but we put eggs out in the house since it was still a bit chilly outside.


Julie was the first one to discover that there was something inside even before Emjae started.




No Emjae is not yelling, she was blowing a kiss.

We were unable to get a picture of both girls by themselves and their dresses.

To end our day James and I relaxed on the couch and played Dr. Mario (tetris).

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Cute dresses! And that meal looked really tasty... :)

Amy said...

I like the idea! If you don't use it, I might, when Erick gets a little older. Thank you for the awesome weekend! Love you!!!

Luke and Mariah said...

Cindy! I found you! What a great idea for Easter! I'm always trying to think of ways to make the holidays more spiritually-geared. Your family is just beautiful!

Monty and Kristin said...

Good job Cindy! I love that you did Easter! I made muffins for breakfast, but burned them.and we had spaghetti for dinner! OH well. I just didn't have it in me. However, I loved your celebration! Looked like lots of fun--and super yummy. Love the girls dresses