Thursday, April 15, 2010

Buttercream

So I thought that I would give butter cream frosting a try. Well lets just say I need more practice with that and as of now I prefer fondant because its smoother.
The main reason I wanted to do the frosting was I wanted to try and do some flowers. Well I didn't really have the tip that everyone says you should use I don't think my frosting was the right consistency.


But oh well. Its all about trial and error and you have to start somewhere.
Of course I didn't have a box cake mix either so I made one by scratch. I had put almond extract in the frosting so I thought of doing an almond poppy seed cake. I wasn't really impressed with the recipe but another trial and error. I just think that it isn't as moist as I want. And of course James doesn't like poppy seed so I get to share my cake with others.



I will def be taking some of the cake decorating classes that they provide at Michael's. Now I just need the funds to do it.
P.S. I truly hope that Amy and I can really get well at this cake thing so we can start to do it as a small side business and then last night Trevor Kate and I decided that we are going to do a whole wedding thing. Amy and I will do cakes, Kate will do hair and photography and Trevor said he and the boys will have to learn how to arrange flowers. We will be able to take care of all your wedding needs :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

Good job on the cake sis! I know it didn't turn out how you wanted but kudos for trying. You should try the royal icing for flowers and what recipe did you use for your buttercream? I LOVE my buttercream recipe that I found.