Monday, April 19, 2010

Palisade State Park

This last weekend we were lucky enough to see my Sister Amy with her husband Alex and little boy Erick again. We don't know what we are going to do when we don't get to see them every weekend :(
Our weekend started off with Amy and I trying to do Royal Icing. I must say I am not a fan. I don't think we had the right consistency to begin with and with out that then you can't do much.
Saturday we all were going to go fishing at 9 mile. The guys left before us girls and the kids, thank heavens! We get a phone call "Hey can you bring some water and chairs, we forgot to." Sure of course I can bring those things. A few minutes later "Hey can you bring some water, chairs, bug spray and marshmallows? The bugs are really bad out here." Well that was not what I was wanting to hear. Mosquitoes love me!! And I was not wanting to take my girls out there as well as Amy was not going to take Erick out there. We decided that we were going to drive the stuff out to the guys and then head back home since its only like a 20 minute drive.
We are almost to were they are and we see them pulled over to the side of the road. They have changed their minds and are now going to Palisade because it would just be better for the kids. UMMMM....I guess it was a great thing that I didn't bring anything for the girls! I did pack their sunscreen, but nothing and I mean nothing else!!! No diapers, no drinks, no food, nothing. We drove back into the little town a little way down the hill and went to the gas station. They only had size 2 and I need size 4. I asked the clerk if they had any somewhere else. She said she had some at home and asked a lady that was at the gas station to stay and watch it for a sec so she could go home and get some. Only in Utah!
We really had a great time! The weather was perfect, we rented a canoe,

there were little trails,


we fished,

and when Erik showed up he and Amy went and got some food for us. While they were gone I figured Emjae and I would go on a little hike. Yes we weren't exactly wearing the best shoes, Emjae in her sandals and me in my inch and a half flip flops. It sure was fun. Emjae got dirty and dusty and scrapped because she didn't want help. All she would say is "I got this, I got this" as she would fall on her butt. My stubborn child.


Needless to say when we left all our children were pooped!

Why is it that we have to find something that we can do here (Ephraim) and with Amy and Alex moving closer in a month and the weather finally being great and we are going to be moving? I will sure miss the times that we have with Amy and Alex. Especially since we have seen them every weekend for the last month.

1 comment:

Monty and Kristin said...

That diaper story is classic! Such beautiful pictures! Wow. Looks like fun. glad you had suck a nice time.