Thursday, April 22, 2010

Baby Shower

Being in a married student ward means that there can be multiply women pregnant at the same time. As of right now I think there are at least 6. Today there was a shower for 3 of these women.
On Tuesday I was handed an invitation for this baby shower that was held today (Thursday). As everyone that reads my blog on a regular base know I am trying to do cakes. I volunteered to make a cake because I wanted to do another one again, and well James is getting tired of eating cake :) (so much for trying to lose weight) I as well right now don't have tons of extra money to spend so I decided I wasn't going to bring a gift until I saw Amy's nursing cover. It gave me the idea to sew one for each of the ladies.
Yesterday I spent most of the day sewing. I had to run to the store to finish the covers and well this is what happens when I leave the girls with James.

I later spent the late evening trying to put together some of the fondant shapes that would be needed for the cake.



I got my inspiration from one of my new favorite websites Wilton.com . Of course mine didn't look exactly like there's, but for only my 4th cake and 2nd fondant cake I think I didn't pretty good. It took me from about 7 this morning until 1:20 this afternoon.

Just in time for the baby shower.


I sure am glad that I did it. Practice makes perfect. It tasted good and everyone seemed to like it.

4 comments:

Amy said...

look at you go! Those turned out awesome!!! Did they women love it?? Oh and by those I mean the covers and the cakes :) Just 2 more reasons to call you Martha.

Andrea said...

Cindy you're so cute and crafty!

Monty and Kristin said...

love the cake and the gifts! Wow...you amaze me.

Jessica said...

Cindy your amazing! The cake looked wonderful and those nursing covers so so fun and simple. Thanks so much for coming. I'm so glad you were able to.
Good luck this next week. I hope everything goes well.