Monday, May 3, 2010

Emjae is 2!!!!

Wow how time flies, I just wish I new were it went.
Emjae officially turned 2 on Sunday, but since it was Sunday we had a party for her on Saturday. All the fun started on Friday. My Dad drove into town around 4 or 5 from Reno, Nevada (that's where he is staying right now until my Mom and Dad find a place in Carson). Amy and Alex showed up around 7. I was out trying to find Umbrella Toothpicks, since no where in Sanpete County carries any. Well at least that was how I felt. Walmart here had ZERO!!!! I figured "hey the Family Dollar should have some." Yeah that was a 15 minute drive, one way,was a waste of time. Kents, our local grocery store, had flower leighs and hawaiin themed plates, cups, napkins, and table cloths, but no toothpicks. Amy thought she should have called me the day before when she saw them at Walmart, but she didn't. The person that told me they had some failed to get a hold of me and I was pretty bumbed until I thought of Susan and Justin. They were coming down and well they brought some for the party on Saturday. Anyways Trevor, Kate , and Mom showed up around 1:30 just as Amy and I were cutting out Flowers and finishing baking the cup cakes.
Saturday morning I woke up early so I could start frosting. As I was in the shower to get ready our friend Steph came over to drop off 2 of her graduation tickets. I was not going to be able to go :( since I had to do so much still, but James and Emjae went to support :)

It took me a little over 2 hours to do frosting and decorate the cake with the help of Amy on the cup cakes. I must say I was pretty well pleased with my final product, except my palm trees. That one will take more practice. Here's a pic of the cake before the palm trees and umbrellas.

James and I were also able to get Emjae a toy we thought she would love, and well she not only loved it, but so did all of Tammy's grandkids, and even Julie.



We had hamburgers and hot dogs and chocolate cake, white cup cakes (because I love my dad), and of course ice cream!


We ate and then opened presents.

Emjae got tons! She got 3 outfits, lots of Chalk, Bubbles, a Pool, a big Green ball, a golf set, and a stuffed kitty cat doll.
Emjae had fun with Steph and the bubbles. She even got a bubble to come out all by herself.

I even think that taking everything down was fun for Emjae and James.

With everything said and done I think everything went really great!
Happy Birthday Emjae! We love you!

1 comment:

Monty and Kristin said...

Happy 2nd birthday Emjae!! yes that went fast. Seems like not to long ago we were in Vegas to celebrate her turning 1. Now she's 2! Looks like the party was a huge hit. Love the cake! You're so good to get up early to make frosting. That's noble.
P.s. your hair is getting so long! Love all the pics. Wish we could have been there with you guys.