Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Modesty

Oh how times have changed!!!
1. You wouldn't catch me in a 2 piece swimming suit now!!!
2. You wouldn't catch me in a cute little mini skirt now!!!
3. You wouldn't catch me wearing something that I wouldn't wear in front of my mother!!!
4. You wouldn't catch me wearing a tank or rolling up my sleeves to play sports!!!

I did these things at one time or another. (And may I say that I looked damn good too!) I had a two piece swim suit my senior year but mostly I wore these things in college and even up until James and I were engaged, I actually still wore a two piece even after our wedding for a bit, but now know that I shouldn't have.
If I could go back and do it again I don't think I would wear the same things. I know how important it is to be modest and to not show my body off as a piece of meat in front of ravage wolves. It brought attention to me and the attention was from boys who wanted more than a friend.
I see pictures of young women that I know and am somewhat shocked by their choice of apparel. Even for the fact that they would dare wear that apparel in front of their church going parents. When I did it, you could bet that my parents were no where in site!!!
I feel as if I am judging these girls and parents, when I myself did those things and feel that I am wrong to do so, but at the same time don't know what I can do to help these young women see that they are only hurting themselves in the long run, and what I can do to correct the errors of my ways.
I am conflicted!
I don't want my girls wearing clothing that they couldn't wear with garments, and I don't want them to feel like they want to and that they can do it behind my back, like I did with my parents.
It just saddens me.

No comments: