Monday, July 25, 2011

Are you my Uncle?

Paul will be home in 9 more days!!!!! :)
While he was gone 3 kids were born. Erick, Audrey and Riley. I thought it would be a cute idea if they wore shirts that said "Are you my Uncle?" while Emjae would wear a shirt that says "Are you Uncle Trevor?" and Julie would wear a shirt that says "Are you Uncle Erik?" at the airport when we go to pick him up.
The reasoning behind this is the story "Are you my Mother?" It is a cute little child's book that starts off with a mother bird leaving the nest to find food for her baby bird before he hatches. While she is gone looking for food he does however hatch and the little bird then goes on the search for his mother. Everyone or everything that the bird meets he asks "Are you my mother?" 
So if you don't get the gist behind the "Are you my Uncle?" shirts, you should now. And Emjae and Julie's are different because they both have met Paul at least once (Julie was born a week before he left). But the last time they saw their uncle Paul Emjae was 1 and Julie was just born so they defiantly do not remember him, but all my brothers look pretty close to the same so I thought it was cute :)
I am just so excited to do these shirts!! Kate has purchased the iron on paper that we can print off stuff from our computer on to and the shirts as well. We haven't put them together yet (fingers still crossed that it will work) but we will probably being doing it pretty soon. 

1 comment:

Monty and Kristin said...

can't wait to see it. Sounds fun!! I've seen a book similar. he'll get a kick out of it for sure. Congrats on a fun homecoming!