Saturday, July 2, 2011

Change or Enhance?

So I keep looking in my dining room and trying to figure out what I can do to enhance its potential and to make it look more appealing to the eye. Recently I was at walmart with my mother to try and find some free body wash and razors and a few other things. We happened to walk down an isle that had some table cloths and place mats and a few other things. We stopped to look and my mom asked me if I would use a table cloth if she bought one. I told her yeah I would. I use to hate table cloths for some reason and with the kids and all the pulling on it that they would do, I was turned away from the idea, but I wanted to give it a shot. Of course it was on clearance too :) (can't stop the savy shopper) I also bought 3 place mats that I was going to use as decoration for the walls.
Anyways we bring it home and I don't open it until 2 days later. I love the table cloth and so does my hubby, but he didn't like my placement of place mats. He said "let me go get my bell bottoms out." So I took them off and was still trying to figure out what I could put on the walls!!!!!! I then had a brillant idea of a hanging wall fixture that I could put flowers in. I told my mom and she and I went out and looked at Ross, the 99cent store, Kohls and then we went to Dollar Tree. Dollar Tree had everything we needed, once again savy shopper came out. I purchased two baskets and I was going to wait until we got a paycheck before I went and bought flowers to fill it, but my Momma loves me and she purchased the flowers for me there as well.
 It took me another day before I put the flowers up, but I like it!! I need to take down one of the blinds and make curtains instead, but that will have to wait. Overall I think that I have enhanced the room from what it used to be. Erik my brother says that I just changed it, but to me Enhanced is a better word. I didn't just move things around and change it, but I placed new things around to enhance the quality of the room :)
This is what some of the room looked like
(everything was white!!!except the table, kids and hubby)
And this is now
Slowly but surely I will get the other things taken care of. I need to have something over the long blinds that lead to the back door and the blinds in the kitchen and the blinds on the wall you can't see next to the flowers will be taken off and have curtains put in its place. But not bad for only $16 so far!!!

3 comments:

AGamble said...

I like the word enhanced. It looks nice.

Theodora Salanoa said...

Julie drinkking straight from a botle now.... That is tjhe best picture so far. When your done, you can decorate my house to :)

Monty and Kristin said...

I love ENHANCE!! And I'd say you totally enhanced that kitchen. The color makes it look bright and big and cheery! Love the flowers! Great idea!!:) Fun!!