Monday, July 18, 2011

love/dislike relationship

So as most know I have a child named Julie. I love this child to death and I couldn't imagine my life without her. I could however imagine a life with less crying!
From the beginning she just loved crying. For the first 4 months or so of her life it seemed that was about all she did if she wasn't eating or sleeping. Needless to say it is hard to bond with a child that cry's after every time you feed her or even when you are holding her. Maybe it was the not breathing when she was first born part. She just is trying to make up for that lost 30 seconds or so. (personally I thought she made up for it after the first week)
It took me awhile but I have grown to love her more. I loved her because she was my child, but I love her now because she is Julie.
There are days like today were she could do no wrong to me (besides the occasional hitting of her sister and not wanting to share or not wanting to pee in the toilet). I get awoken to a road of blocks and more blocks in my bed. Julie just wanted to be close to me and play, even though I was still sleeping :)

And today would have continued to go great until she decided to wake up from a short but late nap and have a non stop crying fest for the last hour and a half. She doesn't want to eat, she doesn't want to drink, she doesn't want to watch a movie, she just doesn't want anything. It may be that she is cutting her last 2 year molar, but it may just be Julie being Julie, and there is no way to tell the difference. Where is the sand man?!?!?!
Please come and give a double dose to Julie!!! and if you have some leftover my bed is right next door :)

No comments: