Monday, May 9, 2011

My Scare

I am catching up on a few posts that I planned on doing last week. Monday, Emjae's birthday, I was feeling pretty good and got up made her breakfast and put in the title of Emjae is 3 on my blog and that was about as far as I got. I was pretty tired and the girls were down for their nap at the same time, so I took advantage of that!!!! I woke up not feeling well, I had flu like symptoms. Later in the afternoon my arms started to go numb and then my right leg went numb after which my face and mouth went numb. And when I say numb it was that my foot fell asleep tingling feeling over my whole body except my left leg. I could not find my phone but the computer was up and open to facebook. I was able to get somewhat of a message out on the internet that I needed help! And to my rescue came Kate, her sister Shelby and they were followed by brother Millette. Soon after they got her, the numbness was coming and going, but my body started to twitch and I could not stop. Kate and Shelby called their step dad Gary and he got here right after Nate Bartholomew. I knew I needed a priesthood blessing!!!! I knew that if I got that then I would be okay. We couldn't wait for James to get here so they gave me a blessing. I knew I would be okay, and I truly knew it! They called the ambulance and the fire department got here first and when they checked my vitals everything was normal, they could not find one thing wrong. They even took my blood sugar level. We ended up going to the E.R. and we got in pretty fast, but it took forever before we got anything done. They did a CT scan to make sure I hadn't had a stroke or heart attack or anything else. That can back negative for anything. They next did some blood work and urinary work. The only thing that seemed to show was a small urinary infection. They still had no clue as to what caused my symptoms. We still do not know, but when we get some insurance we will be going and getting some more work done, just to be on the safe side.
How grateful I am for the priesthood though. I wish everyone knew how important it is to be worthy to hold the priesthood power and how important it is to believe and have faith in Jesus Christ! I know I will be okay, and I know that I will be whole!! Thank you to all worthy men who honor their priesthood!!!!! Thank you!

2 comments:

The Lyons' said...

glad you are okay! That sounds like it would be so scary. I love the priesthood!

Monty and Kristin said...

Lets not do that again, okay!;) Glad you are okay and facebook saved the day. glad all is well.