Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Hands

I think my overused phrase to Julie is, "GET YOUR HANDS OUT OF YOUR MOUTH!!!!" For some reason she loves to put things in her mouth. She loves to chew on blankets, shirts, her dresses, her stuffed animals and her hands!
I don't know what in the world is going on! It's the worse when she cries or is throwing a fit. She loves to put her hands in her mouth then. And it is not just one hand, but both hands as far as possible. Then she pulls them out completely swimming in spit and saliva and either rubs her face to dry the tears or comes at me with those hands. It is disgusting and I just don't know what to do about it.
She is way beyond the oral fixation stage and I am about to be way beyond the patient and understanding stage with it! When ever she does it I just want to yell at her to get her hands out of her mouth, which I know doesn't help any situation because she starts crying louder and its over nothing!!! ARGH!!!!
Please grow out of this quickly!!!

1 comment:

Monty and Kristin said...

Good luck! Yeah, I think I'd have grown impatient by now too.