Thursday, June 9, 2011

Belts

Who needs a belt? Well my car did :) The weekend before Memorial Weekend on my way to church with the girls (James was already there because he had meetings) I heard a snap and then saw my check engine light come on. Two not so good things. I pulled over into a gas station
and tried calling James. I figured he should be out of him meeting. Well....I was wrong. He was still trying to finish up his meeting and since his phone was on vibrate he just hit the ignore button. So I called him again and again and again, thinking he would get the hint that its important.
The car was still able to run so since I was half way to the building (its only 2 or so miles away from my house) I slowly went the rest of the way there. I pulled in the parking lot as the temp to the car was all the way up and turned that bad boy off immediately.
I walk into the building somewhat upset that my husband never answered my phone calls and I see him right away and say "Don't you think its important to answer your phone if your wife calls you and calls you and calls you again, back to back when she knows you are in a meeting and wouldn't call you unless its important?" He goes to say sorry, but I was in no mood to hear that, I just told him the belt to the car broke (we knew it needed to be replaced) and I almost didn't make it here. He says sorry and says you look good though, I just wish your attitude did too. I gave him the best don't mess with me look.
Luckily we have an Elder in our ward right now that knows somewhat about cars and was able to fix the belt. Thank Heavens for that because we were leaving for California Memorial Day weekend and we didn't have tons of money to take it to a shop and then still pay for gas to Cali.

No comments: