Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Wallster

The Wallster
What is this? I think the better question is who is this? It apparently is a blog and means that there is a blogger behind that name who would choose to remain annonymous. I don't know how they found me nor do I care, my blog is open, I post updates on my facebook and if you want to read my blog you can and if you don't then you don't.
1. Let me just say that this blog and the things I write on this blog are my feelings, my thoughts, and my opinions.
2. I'm not ashamed or feel badly about what I write on my blog, I put it up and I make it open for anyone and everyone to see. I do not hide behind a invite only blog (I am not talking bad about my friends who keep their family blogs personal to protect information or keep things personal between close friends and family)
3. I don't feel a need to delete other peoples comments unless vulgar or offensive. People are allowed to their opnions.
4. I want to comment back to the comment that is the reason for this post

Wallster:
Well, I know a lot of the youth in the BG and FH wards and that's not the impression I get. If they seem other than how you'd like them to seem, consider that they might be used to a certain culture and certain attitudes toward things that are holy, and may not know how to respond to cultures and attitudes that are unfamiliar or confusing. Not that they are right, but who is right? And can being judgmental find itself into a post about someone else's judgmental qualities?

Me:
First off yes I may be making judgments on the way I was treated. Yes, there may be youth as well as adults in my ward who act not accordingly too. However we are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and we are taught not to treat others badly and to love all. I am not perfect at this attribitute and so I don't expect someone who is younger than me to be perfect at it either, but I felt as if I was completely treated like a bum from the street.
Now to say that they are used to a certain culture and certain attitude toward things that are holy, makes no sense to me and the topic of my post. What in my post was holy about basketball and the gym. What is so holy and different in culture and attitude from a ward that is only 2 maybe 3 miles away. Does the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints not teach the same principles, the same culture and same way of life? Also how does one person know my standing in life or my culture and attitude when I first walk into a gym, dressed in clothing that covers my body in a very respectable way, as well as those who I am with. The building that was to be used is a stake building and as such can be used by all who are in that stake. Not to mention we did not just show up and expect doors to be open, we brought a key with us that my husband has in his possesion because of a calling that he holds. The gym was not scheduled for one person or group so as such it was open to the stake members. If it was just said hey we planned on our group playing and we want to play full court can we take turns or something like that I don't think I would have been so offended (for we only could play half court with the MISSIONARIES). I don't care what ward that youth group was from I just happened to know from me being involved with youth and my brother being involved with youth. I know that the feelings I get are not only mine. Maybe I shouldn't have posted what wards they were from, but either way actions are what make a person and if we are to act a certain way then we will be percieved a ceratin way.
All in all the way I felt affects the things I write. My feelings may not always be correct and may be one sided. I do not write to offend any person as well. So if I have offended please accept my apology for doing so. I was frustrated and so I wrote about it.

1 comment:

AGamble said...

Okay, I remember that post. I went and looked it up, and really I don't think you were being that judgemental. I think you were stating your opinion that these kids, one in particular, were rude to you guys. Sure they are entitled to play on their own half of the court if they want, but that doesn't give them the right to be rude. I can't help but wonder who the Wallster is.

Anyways, have fun at girl's camp. I was looking forward to that. Enjoy your time with the girls.
(I ran into Sister Anchando at Disneyland!)