Friday, July 24, 2009

Pictures coming soon

To my much relief I had a baby. This time it only took 8 hrs instead of 15. woo hoo!!!!! The first half was the slowest as usual and then after I hit a 4 it took about 3 more hours and 7 pushes until Julie was here.
She decided to try and swallow before she was suppose to though and ended up swallowing fluid before she got out. The doctor had a few people from the NICU come in just to check on her and to make sure everything was ok. Finally after 30 minutes I got to hold her.
They moved me to my own room and by then it was getting close to Emjaes bed time so we didn't have any visitors. I had eaten a dinner that the hospital gave me, but was still hungry. Lucky for us the hospital was having omlete night. Oh my goodness. I had a ham bacon mushroom potatoes cheese omlete and it was tasty!!!!! It was very satisfying. I was so exhausted after I ate it and so James left around 10:30 11. I tried to go to sleep and I even had them take Julie to the nursery, but when they brought her in at 2 to eat I still hadn't gone to sleep, so I asked for some sleeping pills. And finally I went to sleep.
The next day Amy, Mom, Grandma Great and Emjae all came to the hospital. I wish I could have left that day but the doctor wanted me to stay till the next day just to keep an eye on Julie. She of course was doing much better, but they rather be safe then sorry. James showed up a little later so I was finally able to take a shower because he brought my stuff.
Later that afternoon James and Emjae went to the movies and saw Ice Age 3 and then went to the carnival in Spanish Fork. Apparently they went on a ride and they even played one of the games. James says they would walk by and Emjae would say Please Please Please. So he played a game and won a prize. The guy tried to give Emjae acouple different things but she kept turning away until he got a plastic beach ball. She grabbed it from him and they left.
Finally I got to leave thursday morning around 11. I was so happy to be leaving. We stopped off at Grandma Greats to show grandpa and aunt Durley and to pick up my prescriptions. Then we came home.
There is nothing like home! And there is nothing like not having the feeling of uncomfortableness!!
WELCOME HOME JULIE!!!!

1 comment:

Monty and Kristin said...

Glad everything went well and so happy that you are both home safe and sound. There is no place like home! Can't wait for more pictures. How is Emjae doing with Julie? Do they look alike? Sounds like James and Emjae had a fun day together!! Look forward to seeing you all soon and get some rest!!