Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July



So I woke up thinking how great of a country we live in and how everyone says its the land of the free. Then it got me thinking about free agency and how we have the right to choose for ourselves, but in reality it isn't free. Everything that we have and everything that we are given all come with some sort of price. The men who died to make this land free was a huge cost. Just as with our agency. The man who died to make it all possible suffered and paid a huge debt for all man kind, not just for our country alone. It makes me grateful to know that I have the right to choose and that I need to make Christ's death not in vain and to choose the right.


Ok. Now that I have given my little insight our 4th was pretty nice. We drove up to Spanish Fork, which is about an hour away, and met up with Amy and Alex at my grandparents home. We were going to try and go to a park to have a bbq, but all the shady spots were taken surprise surprise. Everything was ok though because Grandma has a nice backyard and two big apple trees that we sat under and ate.


We had to get the chairs cleaned off first and I think that was the funnest part. The hose had a long neck attachment with a nice soft shower head end. Emjae started to try and play with it by getting her hands wet. I figured just strip her down to her diaper and let her play. So thats what we did. And she had so much fun. The rest of us just had about as much fun just watching her run back and forth.






After our fun Emjae had to get all dried off and dressed again.



She did how ever get a popsicle from dad before we ate. And of course she just didn't want one she tried to grab more and more.

2 comments:

Theodora Salanoa said...

I love the chunky cheeks in the first photo. For a second there, I almost thought that it was Trey...lol...

Monty and Kristin said...

So cute. Looks like a lot of fun! Way better than a park!! She is so brave. Trey never would do that. He hates to get his face wet!! Emjae...you rock! I just couldn't help but think as I watched that though that she needs someone to play with. Oh right...you've got that taken care of!!;) Happy 4th of July!! Loved your insight by the way! That was deep...thanks!