Monday, June 23, 2008

The Love Between Husband and Wife

I am so grateful for my husband James. The things I put him through and the things he does for me and Emjae are so amazing. To some it probably wouldn't seem like a lot, but I have learned that the little things are what make great people.
Last night the 3 of us were suppose to drive half way to Vegas to drop off Emjae and Me. We were almost to the half way point to meet up with Amy and Alex, when I called them and found out that they were not even to Primm (state line almost) and had gotten a flat tire. They asked if we could just meet them in Primm and they would pay for our gas. I gave the phone to James so they could ask him because he was the one driving and he had work the next day. He said yes even though there was the traffic from people coming back to cali from vegas. As we got closer to Primm there was road construction and it was down to one lane. The traffic was so backed up and that was 20-30 miles away from Primm. When we finally got there and met up with them, the traffic was even backed up past Primm. I felt so horrible because he would have to drive back in that by himself. Amy and Alex did pay for the gas even though my husband tried to be sneaky and do it before we pulled up behind him.
I know that he was not happy at all, and in fact I'm pretty sure that I can say he was furious. He of course wouldn't show it, but I know him.
Him willing to do that for me shows the love that he has for me. He is willing to drive even farther then what was planned so that I can come to vegas to head up to utah for 5 days with out him. Im sad he can't come with us because I love when we do things together. But he knows that he has to work as well to support us, and there is another testament of the love he has.
This is a shot out to all the husbands who love their wives and do the small things. The small things do count!!!!! I love you James!!!!!

4 comments:

Amy said...

I really do feel horrible. I could tell he was furious and I really wished there was something more I could do. I appreciate my brother in law sooooo much. We'll have a good time this week even though James and Alex won't be there. I'm glad you decided to come and that James stuck out the horrible traffic.

Monty and Kristin said...

So sweet! Hope you have a great time in Utah and yes...the small things are often the biggest things!! You scored points James!!:)

saMOEan said...

Hey cindy!
James is a sweetheart eh? well...your baby is beautiful! it was good to hear from you and hope that you and Emjae are having fun on your little vacation.

Theodora Salanoa said...

CINDY....COME HOME NOW.... I MISS BABY.... OH, AND YOU TO...LOL

Just jokes sis. hope your having fun on your mini vacation #2. I think I'ma pull a Cindy one day soon and just take off. i need a mini vacation to. Love and miss you long time....

♥Dora