Saturday, June 14, 2008

Paul's Graduation

Paul finally graduated!!!! My youngest brother is no longer in high school. It makes me think about how much older I keep getting. I know I'm not old compared to my husband :) but I still think of Paul as a little 13/14 yr old boy still passing the Sacrament. I must say CONGRATULATIONS to him though. He graduated with a Senior year GPA of 4.0! None of us kids did that. I just figure he learned from the 4 older siblings mistakes. So, Paul graduated with honors, an advanced degree, and to top it off he recieved the Principal's Award. Prinicipal's Award is only given to two senior students, one boy and one girl, who showed great academic, citizenship, leadership, and athletic skills.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Basically the principal chose Paul as the most well rounded boy in his Senior class. [us older kids showed him something right :) ]



Photobucket


Congratulations to my youngest Coker girl Claire!!! She graduated as well and with high honors.

What was suppose to be a one night stay in Vegas for Paul's graduation turned into a 3 night stay in Vegas. :) We were planning on leaving Las Vegas sometime on Thursday, but that didn't fit in to our agenda. Our choice was to leave early enough to be back in Hesperia before the Lakers game or leave after the Lakers game. Of course I chose after so I could spend some more time at my parents house. Our day was suppose to start after breakfast, but it didn't really start til 3. We had brought Poofy, the dog we are sitting, and well she was outside for a little bit of time and when I went out to go get her, she was gone. We spent almost an hour and a half to two hours looking for her. As soon as I get in a car and drive down the street to the car wash and gas station, there she was. The car wash people were taking care of her and so were all of the people at the car wash. I was so lucky. If we had lost her I would have been disowned by Lisa, John and the girls. Prayers do get answered. Amy, and Alex took the day off as well. They wanted to spend some time with us. I think they just didn't want to go to work and they used us as an excuse. Amy, Mom, Emjae and I went and ran some shopping errands while the boys went shooting. After the Lakers lost James really didn't want to drive home, and he asked me to reschedule my dr.s appointment. I didn't mind doing that because it gives me more time with the family, and I know they all love seeing Emjae. We then were going to leave Friday, and well we just are having to much fun and last night after hamburgers and fries during Spiderman 3 we all decided to introduce Amy to Ice Age. Amy had never seen any of the Ice Age's, so, we decided to bring her a little bit more up to date. The movie ended at 9:00 or so and I then asked James if we were going to be leaving. He just gives me that I don't want to decide look. He smiles and then looks away. Before I got into bed last night Amy and Alex asked if we were ever planning on leaving. I told them nope, we're just moving in. Oh how much stress would be relived from off us if we did.

This now takes us to our 4th day here in Vegas. Our days activities are suppose to consist of shooting, relaxing, and running just a few errands. It makes me glad to know that my husband enjoys spending time with my family and feels comfortable enough to just stay.

3 comments:

Monty and Kristin said...

Sounds like you're enjoying Vegas! I'm glad you're having a great time! Congrats to Paul...wow, what a great accomplishment! Good for him! I'm glad you got to be there to see that! Love you guys

Theodora Salanoa said...

It's good to hear that you are happy out there. Tell your brother congratulations for us. Love and miss you guys long time...

Amy said...

I'm so glad you guys didn't leave on Thursday...even though I know James needed to go to work on Saturday. It was nice having you guys around and I can't wait for our trip!