Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Pauls Party

The Jewitts (my sister Kates Mom and Step Dad) offered there home and swimming pool to us to have Paul's welcome home party. We waited until Friday evening to have the party because Alex didn't come into town until Thursday night. We didn't want to party with out the whole family (even though Erik is still in PA). Amy made the cake and frosting and I did the fondant (she's a frosting girl and well I'm not so much)
Our cake was to represent the old (white shirt and tie) merging into the new. I wanted to do two cakes, but I didn't have enough marshmallows. I was asked why I didn't do the shirts the other way so that the missionary tag could be on the cake. It just doesn't look right for a welcome home cake. When we read or look at chronologic order we always look at left being the past and the right being the future. So if I were to do a mission call cake, then I would do it the other way. I may even get the chance sooner than later since my cousin Glen just turned in his papers.
There was plenty of food, and even exploding soda cans :) James grilled the chicken for us, he is my main man!! :) Not to mention my only man, but he is my go to guy for grilling. We had all different kinds of salads ranging from Cookie salad (made by my Mom and almost completely eaten by Gary Jewitt)
A very delicious Potato Salad
Green and Berry salad, and an amazing avocado salad (which I did not get a picture of) 
Almost the whole Coker family made it by for either a short visit for Paul or to stay and swim. The only ones that weren't able to make it were Becca and Rusty, but we knew that before hand.
The Robertson family and Kuhn family also stopped by :) Paul enjoyed himself and his time visiting with everyone.

No comments: