Thursday, March 31, 2011

My Helpers

So Monday we did cookies and when I started to make my cake for Young Womens I had plenty of hands :)
I think the girls enjoyed eating the powder sugar more than helping me make the fondant. They did however have fun.
Even with their little hands everywhere I think my cake turned out pretty good. Our Young Womens planning/scripture Jar Party was a Chinese theme. We had egg rolls and fried rice and mixed veggies. I was asked to bring the dessert. I had no idea what to make that was a chinese dessert so I decided to decorate a cake with a "Chinese" theme to it.
I got my inspiration from the internet of course. And if I had an amazing camera and a black background too then my cake would look just as awesome.
Thanks to my decorating skills I will now be teaching the girls how to decorate cakes for one of our activities.
Before I left James had told me that he wanted Black Balls when I got home. I knew of course what he was talking about but Helton, who was over, had no clue. They are actually called Peanut Butter Balls, but Tyrone Ioane named them Black Balls instead. And if you ask me whats in them and you are my cute nephews Kory and Kyle I will tell you that I put ant bones in them :)
Oh and the girls helped me with these too. Emjae loves making balls and Julie loves trying for a few seconds and then eating it.

Oh, how my Father in law Tini would say they are becoming little bakers like their Mom.

2 comments:

Monty and Kristin said...

Thanks a lot now I can't some chocolate!!:) maybe I'll make some aunt bone cookies! Aunt...meaning you!:) Your cake is wonderful! I love it. And your helpers couldn't be any cutter!;)

Theodora Salanoa said...

Talk about an update. Came on to read 1 post and ended up staying for 5...lol.. I miss the girls. They are just soooooo flippin cute.