Monday, May 24, 2010

Lost

Last night was the final time that I will ever be able to watch a new episode of Lost. We have truly enjoyed watching it together as a family for the last year. (thank you Netflix) There were many people who invested 6 years, but thankfully we didn't have too and most of what we watched was commercial free :)
To celebrate the series finale we decided to have a few friends over and to have dinner then eat my wonderful cake! I started on Friday with making all of the symbols. I used Royal Icing and printed out some of the pictures of the different Dharma stations. I had to lay wax paper over the pictures

and then pipe in the icing.

I let them sit for a few days and by Sunday they were hard as candy, like they were suppose to be. After church I came home and finished my master piece!




2 comments:

Monty and Kristin said...

That was sure an awesome cake! How did you think of that. So much detail. I'm totally impressed. My mom watched all the Lost episodes this year too...through netflix. I was afraid to start because 24 short of took over my life for a while:). So, did you like the ending?

Jessica said...

Wow! That is one SWEET cake!