Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Starting Off Good

So far the year is starting off good. But then again its only been 5 days. :) I am being optimistic and I know that attitude effects everything.

New Years Day we were going to try and go bowling as a family, but when you live in a town called Ephraim everything is closed all the time. So instead we all went to the church and watched James play basketball. Usually Julie sleeps the whole time we are there and Emjae takes her nap afterwards, but that's when he plays around 10 or 11. This time they played at 3. Julie was awake and Emjae was playing on the stage. She found a microphone on a stand that was all the way down and I don't know if she just remembered from christmas day when we played rock band, but she was holding on to it trying to reach up so she can sing into it. It was the cutest thing ever.
Julie was having fun rolling around on the stage. She has started the scooting back stage so probably in another month or two she will be crawling. But we had fun taking pictures with Emjae's sun glasses just as long as she didn't see.

When we got home Emjae just crashed on the couch.

Lately we have all been sleeping in until 9 which has been heaven and the other day both girls were sleeping on the bed and I had gotten up, James was on the couch sleeping. No, he wasn't in trouble :) Emjae decided to wake up at 5 in the morning and she was wide awake, so James and her went to the front to watch a movie. James fell asleep and Emjae was running around and then finally got into bed with me and fell asleep. Anyways, so I started to hear Julie stir but didn't get up because she does good just laying in bed for awhile. I then heard Emjae laughing every once in awhile and when I went in to check on them I had to hurry back out and get my camera.

I am just so happy that Emjae is playing more and more with Julie.
I find myself just enjoying and smiling at all the things they do. Who knew I could find such contentment in watching my girls.
We also are starting Julie on solids. Her first meal:


Okay it didn't look like this and we didn't give her the potatoes but this is what it looked like

My mom started telling me that I shouldn't give her so many things all at once and so now I have just taken up some oats and ground them up in my baby food grinder and we are feeding her oatmeal. She seems to be doing good with it and she hasn't spit any of it up yet. Julie is also holding her bottle by herself, so I am thinking of starting her on a sippy cup. We will just wait and see.

1 comment:

Monty and Kristin said...

super cute. Yes...there comes a point when 2 is easier than one. I'm glad you are entering that stage. They are so cute.