Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Weather outside is Frightful

Oh my oh my oh my. Oh how I do not like the snow!!! And oh how I do not like the snow when I have to go somewhere with both girls by myself.
Monday was the night of our ward Christmas party because its finals week and we are in a college ward and they decided to have it sooner than latter. Monday was also the day of snow. It snowed sunday night all through Monday morning, Monday afternoon, and Monday night. James of course had work and so I was lucky enough to go to the party with the girls by myself. I get to the building and get Emjae out of the car, carry her over to the passenger side and put her in the front seat so that I can get Julies car seat out, then pick Emjae back up to go to our building where there is a note that says the party has been moved to another location. AWWWWW!!!!! I was lucky enough to do it all over again. The party was nice and the food was good and of course Emjae made a scene and clapped and said ya in the middle of peoples performances, but not much I can do about that.
Tuesday was a better day, there was no snowing. James and I needed to go shopping though so we got the girls ready and took them outside. I was hoping that Emjae wouldn't play in the snow since she just had jeans on and they would get wet and we were still headed somewhere, but dad's have different ideas in their heads then moms. When we got back Emjae played in the snow, well walked in the snow for a little bit. James would kick the snow and make a sound and so Emjae figured that's what you do to snow and did the same thing.

I guess I can't say I hate the snow because there are fun things to do in it, but I just really can't stand driving the Ephraim unplowed roads in it and trying to carry two kids in it.

1 comment:

Monty and Kristin said...

I remember the days!! Yuck!! I remember on Halloween when it snowed like that when we lived in Wyoming. I tried to take the kids trick or treating(as monty worked that night)and they were slipping and sliding all over and crying and I just wanted to cry with them. Anyway...I'm sorry!! No fun! It can be fun, but it would be so much more fun if it wasn't so cold and didn't hurt so much to fall!! Good luck this winter.