Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Fathers Day!

Happy Fathers Day to all you Dads out there!!
My family came up for the Manti Pagent this last weekend and so we did a day early celebration for Fathers Day. Amy and Alex made Dad a blackberry pie, his favorite, and gave James a fishing pole.
Alex is a huge outdoor type of guy. He loves fishing and shooting, so after the BBQ and after mom and dad left the 2 guys went fishing. This was James 2nd time fishing and well the first time they just looked at the water. This time James actually caught some. He tells me he was so excited. They cast their lines and then all of a sudden james line started moving. Alex told him he had a fish, but James didn't believe him until he started to reel it in.
Photobucket
Overall both of them caught 8 fish. They let 3 go though because they were to small.
Photobucket
Of course Sunday was actually Fathers Day so I made James breakfast in bed, and that was only because I had Amy still here and she helped with Emjae. I also made Tacos for dinner for Alex and Banana Cheese Cake for dessert for James.
I am glad that we have days to remember those special people in our lives such as Father's day and Mother's day. I am truely grateful for my dad and all that he has done in my life. I am also truely grateful for my husband and for the wonderful father that he is to Emjae. I know that it will only get better with time as our new arrival comes and later down the line, much later then this last one, as more children join our family.

No comments: