Thursday, September 11, 2008

Count your Blessings

When upon life's billows you are tempest tossed, when you are discouraged, thinking all is lost, Count your many blessings; name them one by one, and it will surprise you what the lord has done. So a-mid the conflict, whether great or small, do not be discouraged; God is over all. Count your many blessings; angels will attend, help and comfort give you to your journey's end!!!

Life is full of ups and downs. At times we forget things when we are in the downs. Its always been said life is like a roller coaster. Starting off on our way up it can get a little scary. We see the top and once we are there you look around and think wow this is beautiful, I can see everything. How it would be if we could just stop the ride there at times. And in our life it does from time to time. But with any ride there is also a down. It can be frightening. Some people have even been know to scream. Sometimes the ride breaks down at this point. But it always has an up after that. And it will sometimes chug back up slowly to the top. Of course not all of the ride is steep up and downs, there are the small little bumps that give make our stomachs feel like they just moved, but overall it is a continuous ride until the end.

How grateful I am for all the blessings in my life. I appreciate small things more and more. I can understand why people would be so discouraged or feel that all is lost. But let us remember the words that Alma once spoke to his son Helaman: "...I beseech of thee that thou wilt hear my words and learn of me; for I do know that whosoever shall put their trust in God shall be supported in their trials, and their troubles, and their afflictions, and shall be lifted up at the last day." -Alma 36:3

2 comments:

Monty and Kristin said...

What an insightful post! I love your rollercoaster analogy. You're in our prayers! Love ya!

Amy said...

When did my little sister become so insightful? I love the analogy and I love you and James. Tell him I said hi. You continue to be in our prayers.