Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Girls Camp

Yesterday was the first day of Girls camp. I was suppose to be going and being a unit mom for the "C Monsters," but last Tuesday I found out that after they told me I could go so many times, I really couldn't go. Someone found paperwork somewhere saying its a liability to take Emjae, and then they said I wouldn't be able to focus on the girls because I have a baby. I was so heart broken and so where the girls from the ward. In fact I was going to be the only leader or even adult that was going from the ward. So we have 2 unit moms from the other Samoan ward. Last night though I and the rest of the Young Women Presidency went to camp to go check in and spend the evening with the girls. They were so happy we came! It was also Emjaes first beach experience. Not to much excitement from her because she was all bundled up, but it none the less was her first time at the beach.
Photobucket
The girls are camping right on the beach and are loving it. At least they say they are. It was getting pretty cold when we were there. I had Emjae all bundled up and I had to feed her in one of the tents.
Photobucket
But I guess we will find out what the girls really think about staying on the beach when we go back up Thursday night for Bishops night. The Presidency and I stayed for their Family Home Evening/ Fireside they had and the Stake YW Presidency was in charge. The 2nd counselor did such a great job talking about staying morally clean and not rushing through life, the first counselor talked about peer pressure and how we need to not give in to what the world thinks or says. She gave a hand-out with a beautiful song called Beautiful to Him

So much noise
so much peace destroyed
I can hardly hear the voice
Leading me through the void
So much Noise


The world's little lies
Destruction in disguise
Opportunities to compromise
To make me beautiful in their eyes
But I'm not going to buy
The world's little lies


(Chorus)

'Cause I define myself and find my beauty in
the light he gives
I'm refined by His divine intentions every day I live
It doesn't matter what the world believes
Or what they say that beauty means
It comes from within
I want to be beautiful to him


He's given me His trust
So I'll be strong enough
To run from a dangerous tough
I don't need that kind of love
I don't need that crutch
He's given me His Trust

(chorus)


I know how to shine
My life's not really mine
It's not about a worldly climb
It's all about his design
So in His eyes
I want to shine

(chorus)


I want to live to have His peace
And feel the holiness He sees
It comes from within
I want to be beautiful to Him

1 comment:

Monty and Kristin said...

That is too bad you didn't get to go to girls camp. What a dissapointment! Glad you got to go up anyway and see them for a while. Love that song...it's beautiful.