Wednesday, March 3, 2010

*Hint Hint

I was hinted the other day that I don't blog anymore. Well Mrs. Dora you don't either :P
I know it's been awhile since I have gotten on, it just takes for ever for my computer to download pictures and since I don't have pictures to go with my stories I haven't blogged. But I have now uploaded pictures so here is February in Review.
I started the month off with doing 14 days of Valentines for James. The first day was a long rope of suckers that said "I am a Sucker for You." Day 2 was pink chocolate chip pancakes and eggs for breakfast.

Day 3 was an anchor I had sewed out of Heart print Fabric and a song that talked about our love is like an anchor. That was also the night that we left to make our trip to California for Makai's baby blessing. Thursday morning we stopped and spent the day in Vegas. It was also the 4th so I gave James a big heart shaped pillow and a quote that said "Love may not make the world go round, but I must admit that it makes the ride worthwhile." Friday the 5th we were at Monty and Kristin's and Mom's. Monty took the day off and so we were able to spend the day with everyone. I must admit that I do enjoy spending time with them. I also filled up around 45 balloons and put them in the car. James had woken up while I was getting ready to go out, but I told him I was getting our bags. I came inside with most of them and then asked him to go get the rest. All the balloons ended up inside and got plenty of play time with Kory, Trey, Emjae and even Julie.

They also got to play in the bath tub that day and oh did they have fun.

Day 6 was suppose to be a heart shaped cookie....but I couldn't find one.... so.... Love Cuffs instead. Day 7 was the baby blessing and little Makai looked so cute!

It was also the day of the Super Bowl. 2 years in a row now we have watched the super bowl with Monty and Kristin. I made what some people call Black Balls for that day. But while I was making them I think I had convinced Tyler and Kory that there were ant bones in them, I tried to tell them it was broccoli and green beans and carrots and ant bones dipped in chocolate, but really it was just marshmallow creme peanut butter and rice krispies dipped in chocolate. Before Tyler would eat one he had to ask his mom if there were really any ants in it, and he said well it's protein. It was too cute. Julie wasn't too excited about the super bowl and Emjae was having fun playing with the mic she found.

That day I gave James a quote that said "What I need to live has been given to me by God. Why I need to live has been given to me by you."
We left California after the super bowl and drove to vegas. James dropped me and the girls off and headed back up to Utah. He had to go to work. I had planned for this of course so I already had things to give him while he was up in Utah and while I was in Vegas. Monday the 8th was a coupon for a full massage on my massage table. Tuesday was a Huge card that had the girls foot prints and hand prints. Needless to say that was a task all in itself to do by one person. The 10th was a box that said What Do I love Most?

When you opened it up there was a mirror inside. Day 11 was a box I had made that said To James, From Your Funny Hunny. I had put a ton of Jokes in there that had to do with Valentines and well when I talked to him later that night he hadn't even opened it. He just thought I gave him a decorated box. I laughed so hard!! He opened it the next day at work and his whole team enjoyed reading the jokes. Amy and Alex also came into town that night. The next day Kate and Trevor had come over to the house and it was there first time seeing baby Erick, but Emjae did not care. She loves holding him and just being near him. My mom handed Erick to Kate to hold and well Emjae freaked out. She started crying and would not stop. She wanted him back! I tried even sitting next to Kate with Emjae, but she didn't want to unless she was holding him. The picture is kind of small because I got it off of face book since no one sends me these pictures, but Julie is pulling Kate's hair. And Emjae is crying and looking away because she's not holding him. We decided Julie was pulling Kate's hair to get back at her for making her sister cry and Erick is just chillin because he has girls fighting over him already.
Emjae and Julie also got to take a bath with their other cousin too. It was just a week full of fun bath time memories.

The 12th was a heart shaped dish with candy.

The 13th he was driving down to Vegas for Baby Ericks blessing. He got a late start but eventually made it. I was going to do brownies with powder sugar X's and O's, but there was already too many sweets and the kitchen was being used so instead I got marshmallows and fudge stripped cookies and a bottle of Sparkling Cider and we had a little fire in the back yard with smores.
Overall our week at Oma and Opa's was just relaxing. Oh yeah I forgot to mention that Julie started crawling at Monty and Kristin's as well as getting her self up into a sitting position by herself.

Sunday was Valentines day and Erick's blessing. It was a really great sacrament. One of the speakers had cancelled and so Nate (my brother from another mother) gave a talk. A ton of Alex's family was there and they are all Catholic. His talked touched on the first discussion.
After sacrament we headed back to my parents place and had a huge dinner. Since there was so much going on that day we had planned to do something for Valentines on a later day.
My Sister in Law Kate took pictures for Amy and Alex. Here are a few that we fell in love with.

So for the final valentine day I was going to do a heart shaped pizza with soda cans that had been decorated to say love potion or something cute like that. James just wanted a home cooked meal since he hadn't gotten a good home cooked meal in awhile. So I ended up cooking him a good meal one day.
To end off the month we were able to go to Audrey's wedding. We were kinda late, but we went.

And that is the month of February in review.

4 comments:

Amy said...

The look on Emjae's face completely shows her mood that night. But you guys looked cute!! Thanks for the update and thanks Dora for lighting a fire under her butt...I had mentioned something but apparently you are what it takes! :)

Theodora Salanoa said...

OMG.... Audry got married. I wonder if she said to herself, "Maybe I should tell him I love him now."......lmao..... literally. Good post sis. Thanks for the update. Julie is growing so fast it feels like I've never seen her. Can't wait to see you guys again....

Monty and Kristin said...

Wow, love the updates. Love the family picture! Loved your visit. So, you didn't say what James gave/did for you in return for the 14 days of V-Day. Glad Dora gave you a hint!;)

Tyrone I said...

HAHA black balls...