Thursday, March 18, 2010

Count Your Blessings

So amid the conflict, whether great or small, Do not be discouraged; God is over all.
Count your many blessings; angels will attend, Help and comfort give you to your journey’s end. Count your blessings; Name them one by one. Count your blessings; See what God hath done.

If I were to spend a whole day counting my blessings I would still need more days to finish. I have been truly blessed...wait... let me rephrase that we have been truly blessed. There are so many things to be grateful for. But being grateful isn't the only thing that I need to be. Grateful is just an adjective and describes how I feel. I need to take it to the next level and expound on that by acknowledging God for his gratefulness. It is through him that I have been blessed and if I just say I am grateful for this and this and that, then it doesn't show my thanks and appreciation to God and his love, mercy and gifts that he has bestowed upon me.
Last Friday James called me with news. His company had anywhere between 200-300 people working for them and they cut the whole office down to 30 employees. James was one of the people that still had a job. There is so much uncertainty but as the lovely song "Count Your Blessing" states "Do not be discouraged God is over all."
I truly know this to be true. I can worry and fret and panic with the uncertainty of when the company will just dissolve and we will be with out a job and income, but there is no good that can come from it. I know I am doing what God wants me to do and that when I do what is required, God will not let me fall. Whatever happens will happen and it will be for my benefit.

2 comments:

Monty and Kristin said...

So true. I'm glad James still has a job! Wow...the Lord is over all and we need to remember that.

Theodora Salanoa said...

Got Faith? We should totally print a shirt like that.... I'm happy all is well with you guys. I will definately keep you guys in our prayers....