Thursday, August 12, 2010

New Design

So I decided as soon as I found out that my sister in law Kate was pregnant that I was going to do her cake for the baby shower. I really haven't done many different tasting cakes except for my one experiment with making a almond poppyseed cake. It didn't turn out to good and so I was afraid to try and find a new recipe and Lemon, none the less. I am not a lemon cake fan, but this new recipe I found isn't bad at all. Not to Lemony but just a hint. That of course is only from the small taste I took, true judgement will come later.
I didn't want to do a boring circle or square cake and so I pulled out a small purple and blue box that my mom had given me while she was packing some of her things.

Who knew that I could turn these flat tiny sheets of metal into a paisley shape.
I also wanted to try some new fondant recipes. I had seen some recipes for buttercream fondant and I found two different kinds. I did a small batch of both and "Ladies and Gentlemen (in my announcer voice), We have found a winner!" One of them taste so good and I much prefer the taste of it over the marshmallow fondant. However I need to figure out the right consistency. It falls apart very easy. I however am willing to work on that. It also is a more shiny fondant as well, so I can still use the marshmallow fondant for cakes that I don't want glowing :)



You can see the small tear on this bottom picture. But hey, its a practice cake and I enjoyed making it.

1 comment:

Monty and Kristin said...

Super cute! Did she like it? You are so creative. I would have NEVER thought of that. I actually like lemon cake! If you have any you want to send this way!:) Great job. Love it.