Monday, July 19, 2010

Father's Day

Father's Day was some what of a sad day for a few of us that lived in Ephraim. It was the last day that Erik would get to see his niece's for a while and for James and I, it was the last time we would see them for a whole week.

On our way up to Spanish Fork for Father's Day Lunch/Dinner we ended up getting pulled over. Where to begin....1. the car is not registered 2. Emjae was not in a car seat 3. Erik and James were not buckled in and 4. we were going 10 over the limit. ARGH!!! Just what we need a lovely huge ticket. Some how we went away with just a warning and a huge relief that we didn't have a huge ticket.
As we got closer to Grandma's to eat I turned around and Erik was crying. It was so touching to see how much he truly loves and cares about our kids and he said "I've been here since the beginning of 'Chunks' (aka Julie). " The sad thing is that he just doesn't know when he will be able to see them. He is unable to leave the state of Utah still and he is trying to join the Marines or Army. Erik is just a big softy!

When we got up there Mom and Dad were already there, Alex's Dad and Step-Mom Barb were there and Grandma and Grandpa were almost home. Amy was in the kitchen slaving away and I was busy decorating the cake. I did most of the decorations because Amy was trying to grill and bake, and put the salad together and get all the food taken care of. She did however write Happy Fathers Day on it, because my writing is not the business.

1 comment:

Tyrone I said...

I like the posts, about time too. LOL @ Erik, as much as I like knowing we have still have men in the world with a soft side, I'm going to find a way to make fun of him with this. I hope Vegas is treating you guys good and the family is having fun.